Almost everyone has problems especially with keeping in shape. But if you follow these simple steps, you will be able to get the body shape and health that would be the envy of many.
1. Eat more meals and lose weight. You will be able to lose weight if you divide your meals into small portions. If you eat 5 to 6 small meals in a day, you will be able to avoid overeating. In addition, it also keeps your metabolism running and burning up food.
2. Do not skip breakfast. If you are unable to eat breakfast, you will have yourself starved which is not good for you. It will only slow down your metabolism because your body needs to save energy and burn fewer calories in the process. Always take a heavy breakfast.
3. Monitor your food intake. You can opt for more fat burning food like brown rice, vegetables, whole grains, skimmed milk, natural fruits, seafood, lean poultry or meat and egg whites. Avoid deep-fried foods, burgers, pizza, fatty meals, bakery foods and other products that contain a lot of sugar.
4. Eat slowly if you want to lose stomach fat quickly. Having smaller bites while chewing slowly will help you avoid bloating and overeating.
5. Do not forget the importance of efficient exercise. The most effective ones are cardiovascular exercises because you are able to burn fat faster. Go for a brisk walk, aerobics, jogging, cycling and more to be in shape. When you exercise before breakfast, you are more likely to burn fat in your body and not that from the food you have eaten.
6. Drink a lot of water to keep your body hydrated. This is also needed in losing belly fat. When you are dehydrated, your liver will soon malfunction and the fat burning process will not be that effective.
7. Have a lot of sleep, with at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. With enough sleep, you will have enough energy to work out and will be able to eat well.
8. Avoid drinking alcohol if you want to lose belly fat. Alcohols greatly affect the liver and slow down your body’s natural fat burning process.
9. Burn more fat by walking as often as you can. You can do this by leaving your car at home and walk to your destination. You can also choose the stairs rather than the elevator.
10. Salt intake should be reduced. If you consume too much salt, your body will retain more water, thus making your abdomen look bloated. Junk foods are the number one source of salt.
11. Stress is not helpful as it will result in weight gain. Stress tends to release hormones that alter your metabolism.
12. Keep your motivation high by having a food journal and by joining exercise classes.
Published by Medicaldaily.com