Flaxseeds are a SUPER health food and are great to add into smoothies – plus are great extra nutrition for when you are breastfeeding. And here are the reasons why:
1. Flaxseeds are an excellent source of fibre and work as a natural laxative producs. They are a great way to detox and can help with stomach fat removal
2. Flaxseed oil contains concentrated a good amount of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fat which is great for busting belly fat.
3. Ground flaxseed has been proven to work well at lowering cholesterol levels
4. Flaxseeds are a good source of magnesium which is a key nutrient for our health – especially for mums.
5. Flaxseeds contain high levels of lignans. Lignans are thought to protect against oestrogen-dependent cancers such as breast cancer
6. An tbsp of flaxseed per day was shown to regulate oestrogen levels in post-menopausal women.
7. Flaxseeds have been shown to protect women from heart disease.
8. Flaxseed decreases insulin resistance and may protect against diabetes.
9. Preliminary research in mice shows that flaxseeds may prevent or slow the spread of many cancers
10. Studies in mice show that flaxseed may prevent or slow the spread of melalona
All you need is 1 x tsp in each smoothie so add them in today!