- A homeopath blogger has invented and published a home treatment for Ebola that's actually a sure way not to be cured. The website deleted the post and apologized.
- For the first time, researchers found a clear connection between elephant poaching in Africa and infant mortality.
- An executive at a prestigious PR firm ignited controversy with a tweet about AIDS in Africa, reflecting how the disease garners stigma.
- Ten new innovations that hope to save the lives of mothers and children in developing nations may be in force by 2015.
- The unprecedented exam failure rate illuminates the severe shortcomings of Liberia's elementary school system, officials said.
- The Chinese-African medical relationship has been in place since the mid 20th century, and Chinese President Xi plans to strengthen it in the coming years.
Obama Affirms Commitment To Food Security In Africa Tour: Will The $47M Increase In Assistance Be Worth It?President Obama is currently on tour of sub-Saharan Africa to better understand the climate of their food crisis and to advance investment in their food security.
One Million Babies Born Without HIV: Program Started Under President Bush Celebrates Global Success And Saving Millions Of Lives [VIDEO]After 10 years of hard work and billions in funding for President Bush's AIDS relief program, a landmark of the one millionth baby born without HIV is cause for celebration.
- Measles are coming back to the UK as the repercussions of anti-vaccination scares come full circle, affecting people on other continents.
- A SA lawyer has moved to file a class action suit against over 30 gold firms on behalf of 17,000 former miners who say they contracted silicosis due to negligence in health and safety.
- A new deadlier strain of Salmonella is spreading across Africa by "taking advantage" of the ongoing HIV epidemic, according to a new study that provides the first evidence that the human immunodeficiency virus might be allowing new pathogens to evolve in HIV patients.
- Early humans were able to move from Africa after a single genetic mutation allowed them to become vegetarians, scientists claim.