- The Jamestown settlers may have cannibalized some of their own people to keep from starving, according to new evidence found at a recent excavation.
- An excavation in Mexico has led to the discovery of troves of human skulls.
- People all around the world enjoy chocolate these days, but in the eighth century anthropologists expected that the only people who would have access to the sweet would be the Mesoamerican people in the tropics, where the plant is grown.
- Anthropologists in the United Kingdom have created what they believe is the most accurate Neanderthal model to date.
- Homo sapiens may not have the largest brains in the animal kingdom, but their extraordinary size in relation to our bodies has long been thought as what set us apart.