asperger syndrome Stories
- Adult men with autism spectrum disorder show subtle differences in the white matter found within their frontal lobes compared to unaffected men.
- Girls are diagnosed with autism later than boys, possibly due to the fact that symptoms appear less severe in girls.
- Researchers found that the amygdala, the region of the brain connected to emotion and face recognition, activates different neurons in autistic patients, who generally focus more on the mouth than the eyes.
- A medical inquest into the death of a man named Paul Inman has concluded that his habit of drinking three liters of soda caused his lungs to overswell.
- The changes to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the closest thing to a manual for those in the psychiatric and psychological professions, are in.