autoimmune diseases Stories
- By learning the symptoms of lupus, a rare autoimmune disorder, girls may be able to lead their doctors to a correct diagnosis at an earlier age.
- When mice were given the protein interleukin-35, the progression of type-1 diabetes was suppressed, or cured altogether.
- Meditation, breathing exercises, and routine exposure to cold could help people activate their autonomic nervous system while simultaneously restraining their immune system, say researchers.
- SyAMs may be able to target antigens on various diseases without the use of a needle.
- Lemtrada, Sanofi’s multiple sclerosis drug, was rejected by the FDA for "serious adverse effects" such as cancer, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases.
- Women are more likely than men to develop asthma and allergies as they get older, according to a recent study.
- Although human evolution churns on, our bodies have not yet adapted to modern society.
- By looking at tens of thousands of women over decades, researchers have found that regularly consuming fish heavy in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the incidence of rheumatoid arthritis significantly.
Venom Treatment For Chronic Diseases: Toxins From Sea Creatures Could Replace Meds For Severe IllnessesAn all-natural venom treatment derived from sea creatures could be used for arthritis, diabetes, obesity, and other autoimmune diseases.
World’s First Biosimilar Antibody Treatment, Remsima, Approved By European Union For Rheumatoid ArthritisThe first biosimilar antibody-based treatment, called Remsima, has been approved in the European Union to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- NIH researchers linked altered BACH2 genes to cases of Crohn's disease, type 1 diabetes, celiac disease, and asthma, among other autoimmune disorders.
Sea Anemone Compound Shows Promise In Obesity Trials, Also Being Investigated For Autoimmune DiseasesA chemical purified from the gelatinous ocean creature might not only help in autoimmune diseases as previously, thought, but battle obesity and related diseases.