beta blockers Stories
- Heart attack patients who received one-fourth of the recommended dose of beta-blockers had up to a 20 to 25 percent decrease in mortality compared to the full dose group.
- Beta-blockers may help to improve survival rates of patients with ovarian cancer.
- Using coenzyme Q10 supplements with other heart failure medications could help reduce the risk for heart failure, a study found.
- People taking common blood pressure- lowering beta blockers are less likely to experience brain changes that can lead to Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- At $10 a month for a generic version, beta blockers are cheap and popular. A study suggests that the drug may be over-prescribed and that patients who take them are no less likely to die of their condition or to suffer from heart attacks or strokes.