bone marrow transplant Stories
- Thirteen-year-old Julia Jenkins donated bone marrow twice to help save her younger brothers.
- Idan Zablocki was diagnosed with a rare genetic immune disorder that leaves him unable to fight off simple infections.
- Grand Central Publishing announced Wednesday that it will release the GMA anchor's memoir in April 2014.
Robin Roberts Fights Opportunistic Infections after Bone Marrow Transplant for Myelodysplastic SyndromeGood Morning America‘s Robin Roberts was hospitalized for opportunistic infections last week, a result of the bone marrow transplant last September that saved her from the rare blood disorder myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Two innovative multiple sclerosis treatments, bone marrow transplantation and a newly FDA-approved drug called Tecfidera, give patients hope for preventing relapses.
- A dying British schoolgirl who is seeking a bone-marrow transplant to save her from a rare deadly disease is being kept alive by horse blood.