brain damage Stories
- Erick Munoz, Texas husband, wants his pregnant wife off life support after she suffered a pulmonary embolism.
- Parkour, also known as free-running, may have caused an accidental fall that has left a 15-year-old from Santa Rosa, Calif. in a medically-induced coma.
- A new study finds that keeping patients under sedation and extended bed rest in the ICU may have long-term cognitive effects.
- ‘League of Denial,’ a new football book, exposes the NFL minimizing the connection between football, concussions, and brain damage.
- The 49-year-old Brazilian man's 'excessive and persistent' generosity may have significant bearing on scientific knowledge.
- Two recent studies have shown the long-term effects of heading soccer balls on the brain's cognitive abilities, and they're not good.
Singer Miguel’s Leg Drop Victim Khyati Shah May Sue, Claims She Suffered Brain Damage [PHOTOS & GIFS]Khyati Shah's lawyer says that she intends to sue Miguel and possibly the Billboard Music Awards if a neurological exam shows she suffered brain damage.
- Taking doses 1,000 to 10,000 times smaller than a marijuana cigarette, a few days before and after an injury, could benefit cognitive functions and brain cells.
- Four months after receiving stem-cell therapy, a boy who had been in a vegetative state from severe brain damage was almost able to function normally.
- Aerobic exercise can prevent, and possibly reverse, brain damage from alcoholism. A new study finds that regular workouts were related to white matter health, related to cognitive function, in heavy drinkers.
- The New York City Board of Health now requires parental consent from parents before an infant can participate in any form of Jewish ritual circumcision.
- Listening to familiar music can help people who've lost consciousness due to brain damage.