cell phone Stories
- Those who are depressed tend to retreat from the world onto their phones, but can a phone detect change?
- Being interrupted by cell phone calls can cause higher blood pressure readings, though it’s unclear whether mobile phone use is actually linked to risk for hypertension.
- Italy's Supreme Court has ruled that mobile phones can cause cancer in a landmark case that could open the door for other victims to take legal action.
- Across the country, the proliferation of cell phones is causing a crisis for 911 dispatchers.
- They found that teenagers who used their cell phones after going to bed were more likely to suffer from poor mental health and depression.
- The term, nomophobia, was first coined by British researchers in 2008 to describe people who experience anxiety when they have no access to mobile technology, like their phones.
- Authorities say that the man visited the hospital with the purpose of stealing a phone.