- The mozzarella recall affects 234 pounds of Formaggio Italian Cheese Specialties' packaged mozzarella with chorizo and cilantro, produced in Sullivan County and distributed throughout New York and New Jersey without labels marking it as containing soy allergens.
- Eating cheese, particularly moldy, old, smelly, blue Roquefort cheese, may be the secret to living a long and healthy life.
- Researchers have found conclusive evidence for the first time that humans have been making cheese since the 6th millennium BC.
- Research found that cheese can contain a higher proportion of salt than seawater and that a single serving of cheddar cheese can contain more salt than a bag of chips.
- Young men eating as few as three slices of cheese a day could be putting their fertility at risk, a study by Harvard researchers claims.