- Senator Ron Johnson will sue over an exemption that will allow the federal government to be categorized as an employer that pays for the health insurance of Congressional members and staff.
- Obamacare authorizes the U.S. Public Health Service to hire more full-time doctors, nurses, researchers, and other medical professionals. At least one U.S. congressman is suspicious.
- With a government shutdown looming, the partisan match continues in Washington, where House Republicans just voted to delay Obamacare for a year.
- Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives planned to vote Saturday to defund Obamacare, setting a confrontation between the two parties over the nation's budget funding.
- Rep. Jaime Herrera-Beutler will return to Congress next week after giving birth to a baby who survived the usually fatal Potter's Syndrome.
- The one-year delay of charging large businesses a penalty fee for not providing affordable coverage to all employees could cost the government billions, a new Congressional Budget Office report says.
- The federal budget sequestration will cut $1.55 billion from the NIH in 2013, dramatically downsizing available awards and hindering ongoing biomedical research. Scientists are already taking to Twitter to denounce the #NIHSequesterImpact.
- The treaty was modeled after the landmark Civil Rights legislation, the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.
US' House Science Committee Rep. Believes Evolution, Big Bang Theory and Embryology Are 'Lies From the Pit of Hell'The House of Representatives' Science Committee has gotten itself into a bit of hot water again as another member of the committee has said something that contradicts with the scientific consensus.