contact lens Stories
- Slimmed-down telescopic contact lenses, built for elderly patients with macular degeneration, switch between magnified and normal vision using a modified pair of 3-D eyeglasses.
- Google Glass has been hailed as a revolutionary technology, but could electronic contact lenses give the device some competition?
- Clean your contact lenses regularly to avoid Acanthamoeba keratitis– the parasite in her eyeball ate through a Florida high school student's cornea.
- Researchers have developed a way to convert contact lenses into LCD screens that can project information.
- Myopia, or nearsightedness, affects 40 percent of the population in the United States and up to 90 percent of children in some parts of Asia.
- Contact lens wearers beware: scientists have warned that people who don't clean that lenses properly are at the mercy of a tap water-dwelling bug that can gnaw through eyeballs and cause blindness.