CT scan Stories
- Advanced 3D X-ray imaging technology, designed to analyze jet turbine blades and engineered parts, reveals development of pulmonary fibrosis in the lungs.
- The NIH's new photon-counting detector CT scanner is expected to surpass the conventional machine by offering an enhanced look inside the body.
- Based on data from over a decade ago, a new study finds that a CAC scan can accurately predict premature death.
- Under current CT scan screening protocols, nearly 20 percent of lung cancer diagnoses may involve tumors that are too slow-growing to cause any actual damage.
- One-third of people getting a CT scan didn't know the test exposed their body to radiation in a new study.