E. Coli Stories
- Raw shellfish, undercooked meat, unpasteurized juices, and pre-packaged veggies are among the foods you need to avoid to prevent foodborne illness.
- A widening E. coli outbreak slams has slammed Chipotle's sales and driven shares down nearly 8 percent, the first decline in company history.
- The FDA issued a recall of Taylor Farms' celery in response to an E. coli scare; hundreds of items, including salad kits, may be contaminated in 17 states.
- Just three germs — Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria— cause 91 percent of all multiple state food poisoning outbreaks and more than half the deaths: CDC.
- The chemical catalyst, titanium oxide, may help medical researchers kill "bad" bacteria while keeping the good.
- An antibiotic-resistant strain of E. coli could be the cause of up to 1.5 million infections, some of which spread to the bloodstream, endangering patients' lives.
‘Cannibal Sandwiches’ Sicken Midwest Residents: CDC Warns Holiday Tradition Is Associated With E.Coli OutbreaksThe CDC says 'cannibal sandwiches,' made with raw ground beef, have been linked to E.coli outbreaks as recently as this year.
- Trader Joe's California-based food supplier has recalled 181,620 lbs. of sandwich wraps and salad products distributed between Sept. and Oct. 2013.
- The outbreak of a dangerous strain of E. coli has left two young children recovering from infection and another hospitalized with a serious complication.
- Giving an E. coli vaccine to cattle could reduce human infection by up to 85 percent, researchers claim.
- Researchers found that most holy water contained high levels of bacteria, making none of it fit for human consumption.
- Frederico's Mexican Food in Arizona is having a free burrito promotion after it caused a 'bloody diarrhea outbreak' from which former customers are still recovering.