eating disorders Stories
- Sexually transmitted diseases, type 2 diabetes, and eating disorders are among the six conditions trending younger than in the past.
- A study finds there are nerves in the stomach that are sensitive to stretching but respond differently throughout the day when they tell our brains that we are full.
- Adolescent girls who publicly share photos on Facebook have a negative body image and an increasing chance of suffering from eating disorders.
- The new "cotton-ball diet" — seen on YouTube and social media — could be the most outlandish and dangerous diet trend to date.
- Girls could be better at hiding their autistic traits in familiar social situations, leading to an underdiagnosis of autistic girls.
- Researchers have discovered two genetic mutations that function together and are linked to eating disorders.
- Websites focusing on the 'thigh gap' are popping up everywhere, causing concern among eating disorder experts who believe the fad is fueling unhealthy behavior.
- As obesity gains more salience as its own disease, should we be worried by 42 percent of eating disorder therapists having weight bias?