- A preliminary study found ecstasy helped reduce the self-criticism and increased the self-compassion of participants when combined with psychotherapy.
- Escalating drug users had smaller volumes of gray matter in the medial prefrontal cortex, the amygdala, and the dorsal striatum: study.
- Between 2005 and 2011, emergency room visits related to MDMA derivatives like ecstasy and molly rose by 128 percent among people younger than 21.
- 'The Voice' judge CeeLo Green pleaded not guilty on Monday to charges stemming from an incident where a woman accused him of slipping ecstasy in her drink.
- MDMA, pure form of party drug ecstasy, when coupled with other therapies can help people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
- MDMA has been used in at least one highly publicized case to aid with a psychiatric condition.