- A new report examines global preparedness for an infectious disease crisis or pandemic, which experts say will definitely come.
- As MERS continues to spread throughout South Korea, drastic measures are being taken to stop the outbreak.
- A PBS documentary presents a sobering outlook about the inevitable rise of 'superbugs' that are catching many hospitals and government agencies off guard and creating a 'silent epidemic'
- Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites could reveal important social factors behind the spread of a disease, a new study had found.
- Authorities in Nepal on Monday destroyed hundreds of chickens and eggs after an outbreak of bird flu hit the country's capital Kathmandu, according to a government official.
- Puerto Rico's health department has declared a dengue epidemic after officials revealed Tuesday that six people have died from the virus so far this year.
- A new deadlier strain of Salmonella is spreading across Africa by "taking advantage" of the ongoing HIV epidemic, according to a new study that provides the first evidence that the human immunodeficiency virus might be allowing new pathogens to evolve in HIV patients.
- With no vaccine to prevent West Nile in humans, the only defense is prevention - wearing insecticide outdoors and pesticide spraying by ground and air.
- The recent West Nile virus outbreak is "one of the largest" outbreaks ever seen in the United States, with three times the usual number of cases reported this year, U.S. health officials reported Wednesday.