eye health Stories
- Before you bat your eyelashes, find out what are the common ingredients found in commercial mascaras that can potentially harm your health.
- New York dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon Dr. Cameron Rokhsar, M.D., lists the top eye care treatments and habits that can reverse signs of aging and create younger looking eyes.
- Kale pops — kale on a stick — is one of the top new food trends this summer. But is the frozen popsicle as healthy as regular kale?
UV Safety Month And Eye Health: Light Pollution Leads To Age-Related Macular Degeneration And CataractsAs July is UV Safety Month, learn more about scientific findings that suggest not only ultraviolet rays but also blue light leads to age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Canadian drugmaker Valeant has agreed to buy eye-care company Bausch & Lomb for $8.7 billion in cash and debt, making it a new global competitor in the ophthalmology market.
- Clean your contact lenses regularly to avoid Acanthamoeba keratitis– the parasite in her eyeball ate through a Florida high school student's cornea.
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology says that opening champagne bottles incorrectly can cause adults to poke their eyes out.
- A new study has found that use of Aspirin for ten years or longer can raise the risk of losing eyesight.
- A young woman in the United Kingdom is hoping that doctors can save her sight after her cornea exploded – twice.
- New research suggests an eye test may be able to detect signs of Alzheimer's disease.