- Women exposed to two pesticides have up to a 70 percent increased risk of developing endometriosis.
- Oxford researchers found that eating fish improved levels of omega-3 DHA in children's brains, ultimately boosting their performance on math and reading tests.
- Fish mislabeling is dangerous to our health, yet many sellers are still labeling cheaper fish that aren't even of the same species as more expensive fish.
- The pacu fish, a testicle-eating relative of the piranha, was recently caught off the Scandinavian shore.
- The US Justice Department filed suit Friday, alleging that a NYC fish processor manufactured and distributed fish that could potentially cause serious illness in consumers.
- Have you ever wondered what your pet fish was thinking?
- A Michigan fisherman was stunned when he reeled up a wild 3lb 15 inch, giant goldfish, while fishing in Lake St. Clair, a freshwater lake between Michigan and Ontario.
Danger Lurking in Your Tank: "Disturbing" Number of Pet Fish Carry Deadly Superbug That Can Infect HumansPeople who keep tropical fish in tanks at home or at work may be at risk from bacterial infections and life-threatening disease.
- A study says that women don't put their children at risk by eating fish during pregnancy.
- Nearly three in five New York City grocery stores and restaurants that sell seafood have mislabeled part of their stock, substituting varieties that could cause health problems.
- A new study has found that woman who eat mercury-containing fish during pregnancy have a higher risk of having a child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Researchers say that mothers-to-be should eat fish, but must avoid fish that contain high levels of mercury.
- Early humans were able to move from Africa after a single genetic mutation allowed them to become vegetarians, scientists claim.