flu shot Stories
- A flu shot does more than protect pregnant women from illness; it also saves infants from dying in the womb.
- Dreonna Breton, pregnant nurse, was fired for refusing flu shot after providing doctor’s note of her history of miscarriage.
- Chandler Webb, 19, died about a month after receiving a standard flu shot, and his mother is certain the vaccination caused her son's death.
- A flu shot may improve heart health in patients with and without a history of cardiovascular disease.
- LA County Dept. of Public Health issued a strong mandate to health care workers in about 680 facilities: get a flu shot, or wear a face mask.
- As this year’s influenza vaccines are becoming widely available in the next few weeks, it’s important to get your flu shot early on in the season.
5 Surprising Benefits of Common Prescription Drugs: "Side Effects" Cut Cancer Risk, Improve CreativitySide effects of common prescription drugs are not necessarily negative, several studies suggest. Here are some examples of "bonus" effects.
- Since the 2009-2010 swine flu pandemic, about 800 children have developed narcolepsy.
- A new study suggests that flu season may be a good time to start exercising.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that it has approved Novartis' seasonal influenza vaccine Flucelvax.
- A new variant of the swine flu virus that caused a 2009 pandemic has been detected in Canada.