food labeling Stories
- The FDA says GMO foods must go through the same testing and approval process as any other product the agency oversees.
- A measure to require special labeling of genetically modified foods appeared virtually certain to qualify for the ballot in Washington state.
- Nearly three in five New York City grocery stores and restaurants that sell seafood have mislabeled part of their stock, substituting varieties that could cause health problems.
- Major food and seed companies appear to be on the verge of defeating a California ballot initiative that, if passed on Tuesday, would create the first labeling requirement for genetically modified foods in the US.
- A study says that those who are watching their weight are more likely to be deceived by food labeling.