- France approved at-home HIV tests, which will become commercially available beginning in 2014.
- On the verge of a public e-cigarette ban, A French consumer magazine tested e-cigarettes and found some carcinogens at the same or higher levels than in normal cigarettes.
- The subject of e-cigarettes' safety has sparked debate among health experts in the UK, a week after France announced plans to restrict their use.
Coronavirus In France: 65-Year-Old Man Hospitalized After Contracting SARS-Like Virus, First Reported Outside Of Saudi ArabiaFrance sees its first case of the coronavirus.
- French health regulators are studying limiting the use of contraceptive pills that carry health risks and will stop reimbursing prescription costs of some types.
- Lawmakers in France passed a bill that would require the government to reimburse women in full for abortions.
- Health officials in France were investigating two suspected cases of deadly mouse-borne hantavirus in people who may have been exposed at Yosemite National Park this summer.