- Exposure by dogs to blastomycosis, a fungal infection, were worse than average this year in the Chicago area, veterinarians say.
- Warmth and dampness create ideal environments for fungus. Learn how to keep your feet and skin free from fungal infection this summer.
- Researchers sequenced the genome of the plant and pathogen at the center of the Irish Potato Famine, which killed one million people between 1845 and 1852.
- A federal official has ordered the state of California to stop housing inmates at two prisons where dozens have died of a fungal infection.
- San Joaquin Valley Fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungus infection that’s on the rise in California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah. What are the symptoms to look out for?
- Researchers found that we may be able to rid of the insects for good - and without the use of pesticides.