gastrointestinal illnesses Stories
- A chronic disease, endometriosis affects 6.3 million women in the US and millions more worldwide, yet many women do not receive an immediate, correct diagnosis.
- A simple wipedown of kitchen surfaces with disinfectant wipes following preparation of chicken can reduce your risk of Campylobacter food poisoning by up to 99 percent.
- For children with autism, gastrointestinal troubles are more common and more persistent in the first three years of life than they are for same-age kids.
- The cruise ship Carnival Fascination failed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) health inspection, with transgressions like the presence on board of live flies, food waste, a cockroach, and a staff member with gastroenteritis.
- Researchers have found that the washing methods used by restaurants may not significantly reduce contamination of the norovirus.