gastrointestinal infections Stories
- Oxfam America claims the poultry industry is denying workers bathroom breaks, which leads to health concerns.
- One in every 25 patients develops an infection while staying in a hospital and 1 in 7 of these infections are caused by antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- A simple wipedown of kitchen surfaces with disinfectant wipes following preparation of chicken can reduce your risk of Campylobacter food poisoning by up to 99 percent.
- A new study suggests a link between variations in the TLR1 gene and gastric bacterial infection.
- Scientists have created synthetic "poop" to cure nasty gastrointestinal infections commonly caused by a toxin-producing bacteria Clostridium difficile.