genetic disorder Stories
- There may be more of a genetic reason for cerebral palsy than we previously believed.
- A new study uncovers a link between scoliosis susceptibility and the gene that codes for the BNC2 protein, which appears in reproductive system tissues.
- 10-year-old Archie Koncher, who suffers from the rare disorder propionic acidemia, is kept alive by four daily servings of the UK sports drink Lucozade.
- Missing genes could contribute to the risk of developing autism spectrum disorder, a new study has found.
- Joseph "The Elephant Man" Merrick's deformities could soon be explained, according to a team of geneticists working to extract a viable DNA sample.
- Gabby Williams' mysterious genetic condition keeps her from aging, which has prompted at least one researcher to investigate the possibility of "biological immortality."
England Approves '3-Parent Babies' But That May Be A Misnomer; Offspring Will Retain No Traits of The Third 'Parent'Officials in the UK have approved initial testing for a procedure that will enable the conception of a child using DNA taken from three host "parents."
- April Karmazyn-Wall, a six-month-old baby suffering from Emanuel syndrome, an extremely rare genetic disorder, may soon be joining her parents at their home in Wallsend, England.
- Scientist use zebrafish to identify the genetic cause of a hereditary muscle-wasting disease, Native American myopathy, in Lumbee Indians.
- The discovery could provide a cure for genetic illnesses and HIV.
- A toddler with an extremely rare genetic condition had his skull broken and fitted with springs in order to make sure that his skull grows.
- Denmark is tightening rules on sperm donation after a man, known only as "donor 7042" has passed a potentially severe genetic disorder to at least five of the children he fathered after a screening test at a fertility clinic failed to detect the mutation.