- An experimental heart drug from GlaxoSmithKline failed to work as hoped in the first part of a large clinical trial, the company said on Tuesday, dealing a blow to its pipeline of new medicines.
- An FDA advisory committee recommended approval of Anoro Ellipta for long-term maintenance in patients with COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- GlaxoSmithKline will continue studies of its cancer vaccine intended to treat stage 3 melanoma patients.
- A study by Duke University researchers on Avandia has sparked debate, just days before a panel of experts will decide whether or not to lift restrictions on the diabetes drug.
- A father-of-two won a six-figure payout against GlaxoSmithKline after Parkinson's medication turned him into a "gay sex and gambling addict".
- The world's first potential malaria vaccine proved only 30 percent effective in African babies in a crucial trial.