- People bereaved by the sudden death of a friend or family member are 65% more likely to attempt suicide if their loved one died by suicide rather than natural causes.
- People who experienced the death of a parent during childhood have twice the risk of suicide in the long-term compared to others: study.
- The PCBD Checklist for Youth helps therapists identify a newly proposed mental health diagnosis, persistent complex bereavement disorder, in children.
- Elderly immune systems are at greater risk from the effects of grief because of the strange way their stress hormones respond, a new study found.
- Prolonged suffering from grief may be responsible for numerous health problems and early deaths, researchers contend.
- The holiday season brings joy for many but for people who have lost a loved one, the holiday season can bring a feeling of emptiness.
- Mental health experts offer tips to those in mourning on how to get through the holidays.