hip replacement Stories
- A new technique that uses laser-induced fluorescence could help spot infections more easily in patients who just received hip or knee implants.
- MIT creates custom coating with multiple nanolayers that releases medicating hormones to help bone implants adhere to native tissue.
- Denver hospital develops a blood test to protect against allergic reactions to hip and knee implants
- People who have undergone a hip replacement surgery have a four-fold increased risk of having a stroke.
- Hip resurfacing procedures have high failure rates when compared to hip replacements, a new study reports. Researchers recommend that women must not undergo this surgery.