HIV screening Stories
- Gay and bisexual men continue to be the most HIV-affected group in the nation: CDC.
- HIV-1 begins replicating in the brain as early as four months after infection.
- The Philippines was named one of the nine countries with a rising HIV rate this year. One DOH official argues that smartphones and social media are to blame.
- Despite the Indian Health Service's vast prevention and treatment efforts, the stigma surrounding HIV on the Navajo reservation remains a hindrance.
- The U.S. Preventive Task Force issued a draft recommendation on Monday proposing HIV screening for all people between ages 16 and 65.