- 22-year-old Cristina Speirs' excessive energy and inability to sleep turned out to be hormonal symptoms of a cancerous tumor of the adrenal gland.
- Kevin Schnurr, a graphic designer from Long Island, is using his wit on social media to help find a living kidney donor to treat his Alport syndrome.
- Lingering effects of the recession are prompting Americans to turn to their own bodies for economic security.
- A Virginia kidney dialysis patient with end-stage renal failure was the first United States recipient of a bioengineered blood vessel implant.
- Brad Lesley, the former MLB player who starred in 1990s sports films like Space Jam and Little Big League, has died of kidney failure at 54 after several months of dialysis.
- A new surgical procedure that uses bursts of radio waves to destroy overactive nerves around the kidneys could help treat patients with uncontrollable high blood pressure whose condition cannot be controlled with medication.
- The intended recipient has end-stage renal disease.