- Health officials have confirmed that the 17-year-old girl in Mexico who injected krokodil into her genitals was originally from the U.S.
- From flesh-rotting drugs to flesh-containing pills to flesh-eating parasites. There's a lot of flesh involved in 2013's scariest medical stories.
- A 17-year-old girl in Mexico sought medical attention for an infection in her vagina after two months of injecting the flesh-eating drug krokodil into her genitals.
- Krokodil, a highly addictive codeine-based drug concoction, has spread to the United States from Russia, but the DEA remains doubtful of reports.
- The flesh-eating, skin discoloring drug krokodil is making its way throughout the U.S., with three new cases in Illinois, just two weeks after the first cases were reported in Arizona.