- India's main program to fight child malnutrition has been hit by budget cuts that make it difficult to pay wages of millions of health workers, a cabinet minister said on Monday in a rare public criticism of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's policies.
- UNICEF senior officials said Yemen is facing the potential of a "huge human catastrophe" on Friday, with millions of children facing life-threatening malnutrition.
- Faster weight gain during a structured inpatient program is both effective and will not lead to refeeding complications for anorexia nervosa patients.
- The non-profit organization TroopsDirect report lamentable conditions beyond the wire, with troops drinking impure water and surviving on diets devoid of protein.
Clean Water And Good Hygiene Could Make Your Child Grow Taller: 265 Million Children Are Affected By Stunting WorldwidePoor hygiene, limited access to safe water, and poor sanitation are all linked to impaired growth in children under the age of five.
- The European Union will pledge the donation of 3.5B euros ($4.6B) to address global hunger at an international conference on nutrition Saturday.
- With rising deaths from malnutrition in children, a new report proposes 10 intervention methods for a nutrient agenda that may hit a financial roadblock at the next G8 Summit.
- A 4-year-old living on sugar was found in a New Jersey apartment, with his dead mother’s body. How did this happen?
- New research on young twins in Malawi in sub Saharan Africa has identified a new culprit of severe acute childhood malnutrition: gut bacteria.