marijuana dispensary Stories
- Researchers are finding that the more medical marijuana dispensaries there are in an area, the more hospitalizations related to marijuana.
- Five companies have been chosen to sell and distribute medical marijuana in New York, but when the program will finally be underway is still unknown.
- Emergency room visits for juvenile marijuana exposure increased following new drugs laws in Colorado.
- San Diego Mayor declared an end to the city's legal war on medical pot with a letter to city authorities ordering civil prosecutors to "stop the crackdown on marijuana dispensaries."
- A federal magistrate judge ruled that a medical-marijuana dispensary that bills itself as the world's largest can continue to operate in Oakland and San Jose despite a bid by federal prosecutors to shut it down.
- Oakland, engaged in a heated battle with federal authorities over the fate of a large medical marijuana dispensary, argued in court that Washington was ignoring science by cracking down on medical pot.
- Marijuana activists in Los Angeles said they will submit a petition of 50,000 signatures to block a municipal ban on pot dispensaries from taking effect next week.