- The very same species of yeast used to make bread, beer, and wine works particularly well in chocolate fermentation: study.
- Algae collected by a weather balloon during the Perseid meteor shower suggest that we're not alone in the universe, astrobiologist says.
- Water trapped underground for more than a billion years could yield undiscovered life forms.
- An E. coli outbreak caused by Farm Rich frozen foods has led to a massive recall of 10 million pounds of snacks like mini quesadillas and pizzas. How can you avoid contamination when microwaving frozen food?
- About 251 million years ago, 90 percent of the Earth’s species became extinct.