- Mummified bodies found in an 18th century crypt in Hungary yielded 14 separate genomic sequences of M. tuberculosis.
- Joni Bakaradze, who died at age 22, has has been preserved for nearly two decades by his mother, Tsiuri Kvaratskhelia, so that his grandson could one day see what his late-father had looked like.
- A 3,000-year-old murder mystery involving the Pharaoh Ramesses III, called the "harem conspiracy" has finally been solved by researchers with the help of modern-day forensic science.
- The ancient Egyptian mummy officially named the Gebelein Man is one of the best-preserved mummies in the world.
- If you have a toothache and are dreading a visit to the dentist, perhaps looking at an Ancient Egyptian mummy will provoke a change of heart.
- The body of a diver missing for more than a decade has finally been found in the icy waters of Lake Michigan.