Nobel Prize Stories
- Three scientists from Japan, China and Ireland whose discoveries led to the development of potent new drugs against parasitic diseases including malaria and elephantiasis won the Nobel Prize for Medicine on Monday.
- Alice Munro has announced that her ill health will prevent her from attending the Nobel Prize ceremony to accept her award.
- James Rothman, Randy Schekman, and Thomas Sudhof have been awarded the 2013 Nobel Prize in Medicine for their separate discoveries of the machinery behind vesicle trafficking.
- Countries that consume a lot of milk and milk-based products also have many Nobel laureates.
- It doesn't take a genius IQ to love chocolate, but evidently geniuses are more likely to eat large quantities of the dark gold.
- Scientists from Britain and Japan shared a Nobel Prize on Monday for the discovery that adult cells can be transformed back into embryo-like stem cells.