- Pakistan declares a state of emergency in hospitals following 692 heat-related deaths.
- The World Health Organization announced on Monday that it had traced the polio outbreak in Syria to Pakistan, and that it is spreading throughout the Middle East.
- Health workers fighting polio on the front lines have recently become targets of attack in Pakistan.
- In an unprecedented string of attacks, eight female health workers have been killed by gunmen on motorcycles within 48 hours in Pakistan.
- At least 16 people have died in Pakistan after taking toxic cough syrup.
- A Pakistani student who was shot in the head has had the bullet successfully removed through his nose in a new operation.
- Software magnate Bill Gates made a speech to the United Nations yesterday, detailing his hope that no child will be paralyzed by 2015 and that the disease will be completely eradicated by 2018.