premature birth Stories
- A woman's height may be one of many things that can influence the length of her pregnancy.
- Stress early on in life can mean preterm birth, and health complications for your baby in the future.
- Connectivity between key areas of a baby’s brain can be altered by premature birth; the earlier the birth, the more marked the differences in brain connection.
- Postpartum symptoms after a premature birth decline when mothers talk one-on-one with their nurses.
- A premature newborn with all odds against her survived her birth and first few months to be considered a "preemie" miracle.
Dr. Oz Warns Kim Kardashian About Risks Of Raising Her Premature Baby; What Do Preemie Parents Need To Consider?Dr. Oz warns Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to be cautious about raising their premature baby, based on his own experience parenting a preemie infant.
- Plastic bags or wraps are a low-cost intervention for the prevention of hypothermia in infants of developed countries.
'They'll Starve To Death': FDA OKs Drug Imports To Address Nutritional Medicine Shortage For Sick BabiesThe FDA says the import of injectable nutritional drugs should help alleviate the medicine shortage for sick babies, until the primary US manufacturer can get its plant up and running again.
- Infant massage can reduce stress in premature babies, promoting the maturation of preemies’ underdeveloped nervous systems.
- An ingredient that naturally occurs in breast milk might be used to prevent premature babies from developing a deadly intestinal condition.
- Preemies are at higher risk for health problems; a new brain activity monitor can detect premature baby development problems before they progress.
- A study found that pregnant women saw a 34 percent reduction in the risk of a preterm labor if they underwent a simple dental procedure.