- A woman became paranoid, accusing her husband of infidelity, as a result of porencephaly, a rare disorder.
- With 100 percent accuracy, IBM Watson correctly sorted and identified patients who went on to develop psychosis from those who did not.
- Studies of patients diagnosed with psychotic disorders like schizophrenia reveal a disproportionate amount of lefties.
- The parents of 20-year-old Matthew Leahy believe that his recent suicide at a mental health facility may have been triggered by the effects of smoking pot.
- While using marijuana has been linked to the development of psychotic symptoms in teens, new findings revealed that the reverse could also be true.
- Researchers have long suspected that people who are exposed to marijuana during their adolescence are at increased risk for psychotic illnesses, particularly schizophrenia.