- Comedian and former "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan is still trying to recover from injuries he sustained earlier this summer when a Walmart truck collided with the limo he was riding in on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Writing expressively, about emotions related to an injurious event, can accelerate the healing process in older adults, according to a new study.
- Ronald Poppo, homeless victim of the brutal “Miami zombie” attack, speaks out one year after he lost his vision and much of his face. His doctors at Jackson Memorial Perdue Medical Center describe how he is coping.
- A 20-month-old toddler Olivia is expected to make a full recovery after a freak fall lodged a pencil into her skull.
- Study found that older adults who describe themselves as spry recover more quickly from serious disabilities than seniors who describe themselves as decrepit.
- According to researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital, sounds, sights and smell can subtly alter an individual's response to medical treatment, similar to the placebo effect.