- AstraZeneca opened a new $224 million drug manufacturing and packaging factory in Russia on Tuesday in a move Chief Executive Pascal Soriot said reinforced its long-term commitment to the country.
- The U.S. has charged 49 Russian diplomats in scheming to acquire health benefits meant for the poor.
- A severe form of HIV is spreading rapidly through a Siberian region in Russia.
- Krokodil, a highly addictive codeine-based drug concoction, has spread to the United States from Russia, but the DEA remains doubtful of reports.
- A boy going by the name Odzhan, and now called the "Siberian Mowgli," reportedly lived in a mud hut in a forest outside of a small Russian village for 16 years.
- Russia launched a crackdown on smoking on Tuesday with a bill to ban tobacco advertising and raise taxes on cigarettes to help tackle a public health crisis.
- While roaming around his home in North Russia, by the Sopkarga polar weather station, Yevgeny Salinder came across the corpse that is now estimated to be 30,000 years old.