- Though 35 countries have fully closed the health gap, nearly 40 percent of the world's nations have backtracked in their progress toward health equality.
- When customers at a New York City Chop't claimed to find a dead rodent in a wrap, some suggested the photos were a stunt.
- 20 people have contracted the bubonic plague on the island of Madagascar.
- Some two million people, mostly children, die every year of diseases caused by poor sanitation.
- One-third of the world's population will remain without access to improved sanitation in 2015, according to a joint WHO and UNICEF report issued today.
- Building more toilets to improve sanitation could save millions of lives worldwide and remove an important source of inequality, the UN said.
- Diners at a Chinese restaurant in Kentucky were shocked when they noticed a trash can full of road kill being wheeled into the kitchen by two restaurant employees.