- As teens approach adulthood, self-control provides psychological success, but for the disadvantaged, it also steals their vigor.
- Going on a nature walk can increase your optimism and self-control.
- Avoiding temptation is often a conscious effort of telling yourself that you won't do something, the brain can avoid temptation unconsciously too, a new study says.
- According to a new study, gargling sugar water can boost a person's self-control.
- Anyone who's ever had to write a boring term paper, keep to a diet in the face of a difficult day and a plate of some comfort food, or quit smoking knows that self-control is difficult to maintain.
- Researchers found that dieters with poor self-control were able to improve it if they paid more attention to the amount of unhealthy food they ate.