- A skull fracture leaves behind a highly distinctive signature, forensic scientists say, much like fingers leave behind their unique ‘print.’
- The funeral of a baby girl whose head and spine were crushed after being birthed with forceps was held on Saturday. Now, her parents plan to take legal action.
- 3D printed implants advantage is the possibility to use an individually scanned model of a patient's skull to "print out" a matching 3D object layer by layer. The precise manufacturing technique can even make tiny surface or edge details on the replacement part that encourage the growth of cells and allow skin to attach more easily.
- Archeologists excavating an ancient, thousand-year-old pre-Hispanic cemetery near a small Mexican village of Onavas have uncovered a series of astonishing alien-like skulls of people who have suffered cranial deformation.
- A piece of a child's skull, believed to be 1.5 million years old, offers some of the earliest evidence that early humans were hunters who ate meat regularly, according to scientists.
- An ex-beauty queen has undergone a bizarre life-saving brain surgery where doctors removed a quarter of her skull and stored it in her stomach while she was recovering from a head injury.
- A young woman from Arizona cheated death after being internally decapitated in a car crash last September.