sleep disorder Stories
- The PERIOD3 gene may be a connection point between our mood and our sleep patterns, according to a study.
- A new study in mice provides evidence that irregular sleep patterns may lead to cancer, suggesting night work may be especially harmful to at-risk women.
- Many people suffer from sleep disorders, but which disorders may surprise you.
- A child’s odds of sleepwalking rise based on their parents’ sleep history: Kids with one sleepwalking parent are up to three times as likely to walk in their sleep compared to kids whose parents slept normally.
- Researchers believe that the growth of sleep apnea cases over the past two decades are in line with the growth of obesity.
- Researchers found that the presence of certain substances in the cerebrospinal fluid induces sleep in people with hypersomnia.
- A Pennsylvania teenager suffering from a rare "sleeping beauty" syndrome slept for 64 days from Thanksgiving into January.