- The temporary absence of one of the most effective antidotes for snakebites “will translate into countless deaths,” warns Doctors Without Borders.
- A man in Ghana suffered a horrific snakebite to his penis last Wednesday after visiting a public restroom in the Ashanti region.
- Its power could help fuel the search for a better painkiller.
- An Australian teenage boy is now fighting for his life after being bitten by the world's deadliest snake, which possesses venom so poisonous that one drop of it can kill 100 men within 45 minutes.
- Venomous snakes may someday save your life, according to scientists who believe that deadly reptiles may provide a good source for new drugs to cure human diseases.
- Virgin births have been discovered in wild vertebrates for the first time, suggesting that reproducing without the need for a male may not be so rare in the animal kingdom.