stem cells Stories
- Using stem cells, researchers find that Inhibitory neurons may play a part in causing Autism.
- A compound derived from the avocado targets and kills the stem cells of acute myeloid leukemia, but the research has not yet shown eating avocados will benefit patients.
- A new development in the growth of stem cell tumors has found that upregulating or downregulating a certain signaling pathway can manage how the tumors grow.
- Danish researchers believe they have found a potential new diabetes therapy through growing miniature pancreatic organs.
- A procedure that uses powder made from pigs' bladders to regrow tissue and bone helped one man regrow his finger after his horse bit it off.
- Advances in stem cell research have shown that many different parts of the body can be grown, providing hope that some of the most deadly diseases will one day be treatable.
Japan Gives Approval For First Clinical Study To Cure A Form Of Blindness Using Stem Cells Made From Human SkinThe Japanese government has given the green light to pursue human trials using stem cells created from a person's skin to cure macular degeneration, a form of blindness.
- NYU scientists find a new group of stem cells in fingernails that can promote the growth of bone and finger tips.
- Using stem cells as factories to produce growth factors, researchers found lab animals with Lou Gehrig's disease had better survival.
- Four months after receiving stem-cell therapy, a boy who had been in a vegetative state from severe brain damage was almost able to function normally.
- The announcement of the extraordinary cloning of human embryos has sparked a hot debate concerning legal regulations and moral implications of the process.
- A major advance by Oregon researchers turns human skin cells into embryonic stem cells.