- A flu shot does more than protect pregnant women from illness; it also saves infants from dying in the womb.
- Women who have given birth to a stillborn child have a four times increased risk of doing so again compared to mothers whose first birth was live.
- Pregnancies conceived through assisted reproductive therapies are more likely to result in premature birth or stillbirth, compared with natural pregnancies.
- Smoking marijuana during pregnancy is associated with a threefold increase in the risk of stillbirth.
- Pre-existing diabetes during pregnancy can make a woman four times more likely to deliver a stillbirth.
- A new large study has found that antidepressants during pregnancy don't increase risk of stillbirth or neonatal death.